Thursday, September 2, 2010

Modesty vs. Whatever I want to wear

Ok...so as a "Believer of God"...the one thing that stands out the most to me in the religions is how the women portray themselves. I believe that the Hijab/niqab/jilbab that Muslimahs wear are beautiful and the show the ultimate for of modesty. Christian women have somewhat lost that modesty wherein they wear basically whatever they are comfortable in. I believe that the Bible calls Christians to be set apart. Yet if you stand a group of women together, the only ones that will stand out are the Nuns and Muslimahs because of their modesty. I believe that we as women should respect ourselves more than we do and that the clothes do help with the mindstate. Out of these pictures of me which one looks as though I am serving God and which one looks as though Im only doing what I want to do, not what was prescribed for me... and the sad part is the Christian women in my life told me I looked better in the latter...
I am happy to say that regardless of which one I choose(al-Islam or Christianity)that i now choose modesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment